[Sca-cooks] Tacuinum Sanitatis translations

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 23 05:28:56 PDT 2015

The search function at the Florilegium doesn't seem to be working, and poking about hasn't yielded me the answer, so I ask here.  Is there file there similar to the one about translations of Apicius that covers translations of the Tacuinum Sanitatis?  I have the possibility of purchasing a copy "Translated and Adapted by Oscar Ratti and Adele Westbrook from the original Italian edition : Luisa Cogliati Arano" 1976).  It's in great shape and has lots of nice color plates (and more in black and white), but the "and Adapted" has me worried.  Is it worth it?

Sandra