[Sca-cooks] International Air travel prohibitions

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:47:33 PDT 2015

> Stefan li Rous wrote:

> <<< This year I want to take to Spain:  lucema and cochayuyo.
>
> Should I declare it or is it ok to take as is? How can I know that what I am doing is legal or how do I go about being legal? >>>
>
> Uh, Suey, what are these items?
>
> Thanks,
>   Stefan

This sounds like a saga from we people from the old country -

First I misspelled lucuma. You can find it on internet: lúcuma (Pouteria lucuma) is a subtropical fruit native to the Andeanvalleys of Chile, Ecuador, and Peru. I am taking it puréed in a sealed container. It is delicious. I serve lucuma ice cream for dessert!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pouteria_lucuma

> cochayuyo is also called  Durillaea antarctia a large, robust bull kelp species and the dominant seaweed in southern New Zealand and Chile. Here it is cut up and eaten in salads. . .

Yeah, so I am still stumped as to what to declare in customs going from Chile to Spain. The third product I am taking is a Chilean chocolate bar with almonds called Sahne-Nuss which is like a Hersey bar.

Total I feel like I should be old enough to be Grandma with a basket of goodies to feed up Chilean immigrants!