[Sca-cooks] watermelons

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Jul 25 18:15:20 PDT 2015

Check out Dalby's entry on watermelons here. From his Food in the Ancient World from A-Z. There's a reference in the footnote. Someplace in the files I have more info, but due to the move that computer isn't set up at the moment.

https://books.google.com/books?id=RXpm47Wr49EC&pg=PA347&dq=pliny+watermelon&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAmoVChMItemppc33xgIVw3U-Ch3e0QZQ#v=onepage&q=pliny%20watermelon&f=false

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad