[Sca-cooks] "The Devil's Cup"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:48:52 PDT 2015

Recently in some discussion on coffee, Cariadoc mentioned this book. When my order from www.hamiltonbook.com arrived today, I noticed that I had ordered this book. From the first, I was wondering how good the scholarship was or whether it was useful in studying our period. I haven’t had a chance to read the book yet.

Anyway, even with mixed reviews, it might be worth it for $5. (Of course, by the time I finished selecting books I was interested in, my total was several hundred dollars of books.)

Stefan
(I’m not just an enabler, I’m an addict)

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-devils-cup-coffee-the-driving-force-in-history
======
THE DEVIL'S CUP: Coffee, the Driving Force in History
Stewart Lee Allen
Published at $25.00
$4.95
(Save $20.05)

A self-appointed social anthropologist of coffee, Allen crossed the globe to uncover the truth behind the effect coffee has had on world empires and the destiny of mankind. Reveals a fascinating story as he ignores forbidden borders and travels to dangerous domains.

Format: Hardbound	Pages: 231	Publisher: Soho

ISBN: 9781569471746	Item #: 7574657
======

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com