[Sca-cooks] New Florilegium article on Kumiss and kumiss making

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon May 18 13:21:37 PDT 2015

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at gmail.com> wrote:
> I mentioned this file here, a week or two ago, but it is now online.
> This is from a past (or current? Baron Drake are you still here?) list member.
>
> Now, you too, can make that delicious brew of Kumiss that you've been wanting to make, whether from cow's
> or mare's milk. In the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium.
> Kumiss-How-To-art (17K) 5/ 3/15 "Kumiss - A Practical Fermentation Guide" by Baron Drake Morgan, OL.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/Kumiss-How-To-art.html

The current King and Queen of Lochac have Mongolian personae, so Baron Drake make a Mongol feast for them at Rowany Festival. I helped out during the preparation and was lucky enough to get to eat the feast. I drank several cups of Drake's kumiss. It was quite tasty and sweet. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but even i felt it was a bit low. Drake said he will be getting some real mare's milk for another batch. The sugar, protein, and fat content of mare's milk differs greatly from that of cows, sheep, and goats.

Urtatim