[Sca-cooks] Soapstone pots galore

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:42:56 PDT 2015

Cariadoc said:
<<< The smaller lower end ones were about ten dollars apiece, the larger,
fancier ones about twenty to twenty-five. And there were even bigger
ones that I didn't price, given the difficulty of getting them home. I
think the biggest ones I got were about three liters, but that's by memory.

At the moment, the exchange rate is quite favorable to dollars, however,
so the prices might be somewhat higher last year or next year. >>>

Yeah, great prices. The cost of raw soapstone blocks here in the US isn’t that far from that.

But soapstone pots are heavy. I haven’t flown in a while, but I thought that you now had to pay extra for each piece of luggage, and particularly on international flights, I thought you were limited in how much weight you could put in a piece of luggage. (coming back from Pennsic one year, I found myself moving items from one piece of luggage to another at the ticket counter, to get under the maximum weight per piece of luggage).

When you start using these, I’d love to hear your opinions about them.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris