[Sca-cooks] Soapstone pots galore

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Oct 23 19:41:45 PDT 2015

I managed with no excess baggage charge, and I think I could have
brought three more if I had another suitcase. I checked one suitcase
with three of them, believe I was entitled to check two. Three more in a
cardboard box packed by the sellers, carried as my hand luggage, one in
my backpack.

I just washed three of them, the first step before seasoning and using.

On 10/23/15 5:42 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Cariadoc said:
> <<< The smaller lower end ones were about ten dollars apiece, the larger,
> fancier ones about twenty to twenty-five. And there were even bigger
> ones that I didn't price, given the difficulty of getting them home. I
> think the biggest ones I got were about three liters, but that's by memory.
>
> At the moment, the exchange rate is quite favorable to dollars, however,
> so the prices might be somewhat higher last year or next year. >>>
>
> Yeah, great prices. The cost of raw soapstone blocks here in the US isn’t that far from that.
>
> But soapstone pots are heavy. I haven’t flown in a while, but I thought that you now had to pay extra for each piece of luggage, and particularly on international flights, I thought you were limited in how much weight you could put in a piece of luggage. (coming back from Pennsic one year, I found myself moving items from one piece of luggage to another at the ticket counter, to get under the maximum weight per piece of luggage).
>
> When you start using these, I’d love to hear your opinions about them.
>
> Stefan
> --------
>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com

David Friedman