[Sca-cooks] Milt or Soft Roe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 20:34:52 PDT 2015

> Is milt, soft roe, male genitalia of fish containing sperm used as
> food available today? It was sold fresh in 15 C. and consumed as a
> delicacy. This is the first I have heard about it.

We’ve discussed caviar and roe a bit before, but I only see one mention of milt in this Florilegium file:
caviar-msg (14K) 4/ 3/07 Medieval caviar and fish eggs. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/caviar-msg.html

Thanks for the further references. I will add those.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris