[Sca-cooks] stockfish recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 20:01:41 PDT 2015

Cariadoc said:
<<< Incidentally, the grocery also had something labeled stockfish. I
believe it said it was salted. So another project is to find a period
recipe that says how to treat stockfish?I'm pretty sure I've seen one. >>>

Try this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
stockfish-msg (144K) 7/28/11 Period preserved fish.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/stockfish-msg.html

Unfortunately when I started this file, I thought “stockfish” was any preserved fish and not just dried fish or dried fish of a specific type, so there are both smoked and dried fish recipes in there. (So, what is the best definition of ‘stockfish’?)  When I have a better feel for the definition, and I have the time, I will go through and edit this file.

For other preserved fish recipes there is also this file:
pickled-fish-msg (40K) 7/28/11 Pickled fish. Either by storing in vinegar or by the action of lactic acid.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/pickled-fish-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com