[Sca-cooks] Autumn cheese?

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Wed Sep 16 21:51:52 PDT 2015

My assessment for Viandier back in 1987-8 was:

"Harvest cheese   A kind of cheese, presumably made after the harvest
from milk with a high fat content. It was sufficiently hard that it
could be crumbled. Chiquart explicitly names Brie (Scully 1986)."

Yes, there is a contradiction between "can be crumbled" and "Brie".  I
have not done additional research / thought.

Thorvald