[Sca-cooks] Shakespeare and food on NPR

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Apr 23 04:48:27 PDT 2016

To commemorate the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare's death, NPR
has been running a special series.

"Editor's note: This week, to mark the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare's death, we will be running a series of stories examining the links between food and the Bard." Articles are here:
http://www.npr.org/tags/475010957/shakespeare-and-food
Topics have included:
Snacking in Shakespeare's Time

In Shakespeare's Day, Hunger Tore Through England. His Plays Tell The Tale
April 23, 20167:00 AM ET
50 Shades Of Shakespeare: How The Bard Used Food As Racy Code

In Shakespeare's Plays, Mealtimes Were A Recipe For Drama

Cooking With The Bard: We Suss Out Shakespeare's Forgotten Foods

Johnnae