[Sca-cooks] Scots Feast

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:24:46 PDT 2016

Charis said:
<<< I am new to the list. Just found you guys. My name is Charis
Accipiter and I hail from the East. I am getting started on research for a
scottish coronation feast for the incomming King and Queen of Acre >>>

Welcome. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Acre mentioned on the SCA lists. By “the East”, do you mean your persona is from east Asia? You’re in the Eastern US? The SCA kingdom of the East?

As Bear mentions, the Florilegium is currently down, but I would be happy to send you a copy of the master file list (warning, it is somewhere over 50 pages long if printed). There something around 2500 files in the Florilegium.

As mentioned in an earlier message, I’m happy to send anyone a copy of any of master file list or any of the files in Word (or RTF) format via email attachment, while the Florilegium is down.

Here is what I have on Scottish food in general:
fd-Scotland-msg (66K) 8/21/10 Medieval food of Scotland. Recipes.

fd-Scot-11tC-art (45K) 10/16/10 "Food of 11th Century Scotland" by
THL Johnnae llyn Lewis.

In the FOOD section:
Scotch-Eggs-msg (34K) 9/20/14 Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled eggs.
  (but probably not period)

In the FEAST-REVIEWS section, often with recipes:
11tC-Scot-fst-art (25K) 7/26/10 Recipes f. Coron. Feast for Siredean and Sile
of Calontir by THL Suzanne de la Ferté.

Elizabet-Fst-art (30K) 5/ 8/01 An Elizabethian feast menu and references by
Baroness Minowara Kiritsubo (Kiri)

Elsewhere:
oatcakes-msg (28K) 9/ 5/09 Period oatcakes.

haggis-msg (115K) 2/12/11 Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.

Oh yes, what I have on Acre:
other-groups-msg (60K) 7/ 6/00 Other groups similar to the SCA.

Of course, if you have rebuttals or additions, I would be happy to accept an email to consider adding to this file, or other -msg files. Articles are the authors own words and I won’t alter those, other than the usual editing, without their permission.

I hope this helps.
   Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com