[Sca-cooks] Mughal Feast

Nazirah Garrison nazirah.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:32:42 PDT 2016

The "evolved" Nimatnama stuff is things I'm familiar with due to a Gujarati
Muslim heritage! :) I had noticed a lot of similarities. I've noticed
similarities between the Ain i Akbari stuff and a lot of Persian stuff, and
I understand the relationship there.

I think my biggest issue in rounding out the Mughal feast really is "how to
put the ingredients together", and to a lesser extent, divorcing the dishes
named in the Ain i Akbari from my own cultural "this is what this is" bias.
There's plenty enough within the Ain i Akbari to  do a lot,  imo.

I'm thinking research and piecing everything together is in order!