[Sca-cooks] Planning food and cooking nights

The Eloquent Page books at TheEloquentPage.com
Tue Dec 13 08:58:48 PST 2016

When we did our cooks meetings we picked a topic - salats, pasta dishes,
main dishes, desserts, etc.  The meetings would normally be in someone's
home. and each participant would research their own recipe and create
their own redaction.  They each would bring their redaction, a finished
dish and/or the ingredients to make it, their research, etc.    We'd set
everything cooking or heating, then sit around and discuss sources,
cooking, techniques, etc.  When everything was ready we'd all sit around
a table and sample the various dishes, and then discuss the redactions
and experiences.  (Non cooks were always welcome for the discussions and
tastings.)  They were a lot of fun, and I always learned a lot.  Some of
the most interesting meetings were the ones where we all redacted the
same recipe, and discussed the sometimes wildly varying dishes that
resulted.

Katherine Slough