[Sca-cooks] Pastelli and baked flour

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Dec 17 22:15:27 PST 2016

My daughter is experimenting with a Platina/Martino recipe for custard
tart. Martino apparently blind baked pie crusts by filling them with
flour, with the result that we now have some excess baked flour. I am
pretty sure I remember a recipe somewhere that told you to bake the
flour before you used it--I'm guessing late period English but I could
easily be wrong. Does anyone here recognize it?

Also, there is a word in Martino, "pastello/pastillo," of whose meaning
Rebecca is not sure. The translator of Platina translates it as "roll,"
which is itself somewhat ambiguous. Does anyone here know what it  means?

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com