[Sca-cooks] Pretzels

Lijsbet de Keukere lijsbet.vandelfthout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:03:10 PST 2016

Hello everyone!

I have been doing some research on period pretzels. It seems as though many
of the recipes provided in period texts are sweeter than we are used to now
- more like a cookie or biscuit than a savory snack.

Ideally, I would like to make a savory pretzel for an upcoming event, but I
have a conundrum on my hands because I also want it to be period-correct.
Has anyone been able to find such a recipe?

For the record, I read through all of the Florilegium articles on pretzels,
and many of the articles I could find with a Google search do not provide
sufficient documentation for me to trust it. I'm wondering if I'm not using
the correct search phrases.

Thank you!!

--
Yours In Service,