[Sca-cooks] Pretzels

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Feb 23 17:37:52 PST 2016

Actually, we have several recipes from Rumpolt and Messibugio.  They are
sweet pretzels.  Rumpolt's are baked.  Messibugio's are boiled then baked.
And I suspect Messibugio's pretzels are probably closer in shape to the
kringle than the German style.

Bear

Unfortunately, as you are seeing, no one has pointed out a period pretzel
recipe. We have pictures of them, but no recipes. So, as you are finding
out, it is hard to know how sweet or savory they are.

We don’t know if those pretzel shapes were boiled or dipped in lye or baked.

Stefan