[Sca-cooks] Medieval water

Laureen Hart lhart at graycomputer.com
Tue Jun 21 07:41:10 PDT 2016

I think the masses are convinced that all of Europe was covered in feces, and people had no sense.
The cookery texts advising "use fair water" might lead some to believe that most people weren't using clean water.

We have remote vacation property and drink water from the large, rushing, mountain stream.
There are no people or farms upstream.
People have warned us for years that we are courting microbial disaster. No one has gotten sick yet.
We are clear that we are at risk for Giardia at the least, but the general agreement is - should you get sick tell the Dr. you have been drinking untreated water.

Randell Raye