[Sca-cooks] I Tried a Medieval Diet, and also watered wine

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 06:48:40 PDT 2016

Unfortunately, I don't think most people have thought the idea through at
all. Rather, there seems to be a vague idea that since person hygiene wasn't
 that great in the period, the whole environment was befouled. I know of
exactly  one quote - from a foreign queen - suggesting that one should drink
wine in  England rather than water; but there is no evidence the English
themselves  shared her distrust of their water.

It's also true that because wine and beer got recorded in inventories,
taxes, etc. and water didn't, some seem to have extrapolated from that that
people drank lots more of the former. Which of course is a logical error of
grandiose proportions.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD  HISTORY:Seventeenth century bread
_http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-centur
y.html_ (http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2015/08/french-bread-history.html)

In a message dated 6/21/2016 6:09:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,