[Sca-cooks] Beer Can Cabbage

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 10:16:14 PDT 2016

For those who don't get the Epicurious posts, here's the recipe for
Beer Can Cabbage.

I know it's just insane. Meet Beer-Can Cabbage, the Ultimate Vegetarian BBQ Main Course where it reads, "No meatless side dish would suffice. Vegetarians deserve something big, something stunning, something entrée size, I decided…..
And thus, the BBQ Beer-Can Cabbage Sandwich was born. Sure, you might wonder if stuffing a hollowed-out head of cabbage with a can of beer is mere insanity. But I promise you it's a glorious thing, a vegetarian preparation truly worthy of the grill. The cabbage is steamed from beer hidden inside it, slathered with barbecue sauce as it cooks, and gets sweet and charred from the heat of the grill."

http://tinyurl.com/gvn22kl

Johnnae