[Sca-cooks] Keeping pork moist in a recipe

Linda Barta Lindaasb at centurylink.net
Thu Mar 3 10:56:52 PST 2016

I would also use a shoulder roast and not trim the fat. Hogs then would have been fattier than today. They have been bred to be leaner, and therefore less tasty, than hogs from even the 1800s. Possibly a heritage breed would be better adapted to the recipe.

Dagmar

Sent from my iPhone
Ours is not to rewrite history; but to learn from it to improve the future.