[Sca-cooks] barded or marble meat in the 13th century

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:09:40 PST 2016

Suey asked:
<<< Does anyone have the original Hispano-Arab of the 13th C Al-Andalus manuscript? I would like to know what the title of recipe number 224 and the content. >>>

I don’t have the original, but you might be interested in some of our previous discussion on larding meats.
larding-msg (14K) 11/ 6/08 Inserting fat into meat in period and today.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/larding-msg.html

Stefan
PS: Maybe I ought to move this to the FOOD-MEATS section.

PPS: No one has inquired, but no new Florilegium files in February, and thus no article, since my Python processing program suddenly quite working. Been too busy mundanely to find the problem and fix it or even to get many more Florilegium files edited.
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris