[Sca-cooks] fat or skinny period pigs

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 19:33:11 PST 2016

A well-fed pig today is going to be fatter than an underfed one as well;
the comparison is for the average, not extremes of class. The sort of
statements  I posted are based on things like actual bones which have been found
and  medieval images of pigs. I'm certainly not the expert here, but those who
are  make the kind of statements I quoted.

Jim  Chevallier

Contributor, Savoring Gotham
A Food  Lover's Companion to New York City
Editor-in-chief: Andrew F. Smith  and Foreword by Garrett Oliver
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/savoring-gotham-9780199397020?cc=us&
lang=en

In a message dated 3/3/2016 7:25:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,