[Sca-cooks] Millet

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:15:00 PDT 2016

I wrote:
"Make dough with millet flour, salt and a little water, kneading it into a round shape. Make it thick if it is to be baked and thin if fried. Cover the outer layer with sesame seeds, anise and green anise. Cook immediately before the dough deteriorates.”

I see that when originally translating this recipe, I had a typo and wrote think not thick. This is a direct translation from Barajas-Benavides’ Spanish version of "The Alhambra,” p 96. I did have a copy of the English version but it was not good and I must have misplaced it.

What would be a better word than “deteriorates?” - I don’t like it either.