[Sca-cooks] Millet

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:27:00 PDT 2016

I tried a bajri no rotlo recipe which is essentially the Spanish one from Benavides-Barajas' with sesame seeds and anise added to the basic cake of millet flour and water. I made the mistake of making 4 at one time. They should be done one at a time. I fried two and baked two. By the time I had the four ready, the ones for frying fell apart before making it to the frying pan - that’s the expression! - Benavides says -deteriorate- but in English we say fall apart, I think - The baked ones took an hour and turned out as hard as stone.

I found them tasteless. They need something to liven them up.

Groan any more advise before I go back to the drawing board?