[Sca-cooks] Question about "leaded pots"

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu May 12 08:08:08 PDT 2016

For terracotta pots, well-leaded means glazed.  It's a reference to using
lead glaze to make the pots impermeable to liquids.

Bear

All,

Recently someone asked this on facebook and this is something that I don't
have familiarity with and was hoping that someone here could answer:

"Researching old soap recipes I come across the mention of "leaded vessel"
or
"vessel well leaded". I've also seen the same mention in cooking recipes.
What does it mean? A thick bottomed pot? Thanks!"

Regards,

​Odriana