[Sca-cooks] colander liner

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri May 13 11:11:54 PDT 2016

For this application, I would suggest muslin or linen for a made-to-fit
liner.  For quick and dirty, a tea towel will do fine.  If you do make a
liner for the colander, I would suggest making three or four to avoid cross
contamination if you have more than one item to drain.

BTW, I have about 20 cotton tea towels in my prep gear.  They get used for
everything from straining the crushed almonds out of almond milk to drying
the dishes.

Bear

Our group has a large commercial colander.  However, the holes are quite
large.  We want to make a cloth liner for it so we can rise quinoa,
rice, etc. which now all fall through the holes.  Any suggestions as to
the best fabric to use?

Katherine
Mountain Freehold