[Sca-cooks] colander liner

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:15:35 PDT 2016

> Katherine wrote:
>
>   2. colander liner (The Eloquent Page)
>   3. Re: colander liner (Aruvqan)
>   4. Re: colander liner (Johnna Holloway)
>   5. Re: colander liner (Terry Decker)

>  Aruvqan suggested
> https://www.cheesemaking.com/shop/cheesecloth-for-lining-cheese-molds.html

Johanna suggested
> You might shop yard sales too and look for some smaller holed commercial colanders. They do turn up. Also wire mesh strainers work well on gathering up rice grains.
> For liners, I've used kitchen towels, but it's not a quick method.

Bear said

> For this application, I would suggest muslin or linen for a made-to-fit
> liner.  For quick and dirty, a tea towel will do fine.  If you do make a
> liner for the colander, I would suggest making three or four to avoid cross
> contamination if you have more than one item to drain.
>
> BTW, I have about 20 cotton tea towels in my prep gear.  They get used for
> everything from straining the crushed almonds out of almond milk to drying
> the dishes.

I would never buy a cloth. Even if $2.00 its not in my budget with all the rags around this house that can do and in a jam there are always paper towels. - For almond milk, the smallest colander does not due. I really need need a cloth of some sort. For my blog, almond milk is basic. There is not a week that I do not make it.