[Sca-cooks] Eating peacocks in China

Laureen Hart lhart at graycomputer.com
Thu May 26 08:02:33 PDT 2016

OK, I am not sure why picking your live peacock to eat is any grosser than picking your crab or fish from a tank, but it is to me.
Maybe because we have a small parrot?

That said, I eat chicken happily, and have eyed the excess of Canadian Geese as a resource should we have an apocalypse.
We ate whatever game birds my uncles hunted when I was a kid, and I generally have no problem eating anything that was raised to be food.
Perhaps it is the choosing part.
Other than collecting eggs and clams, I don't think I have ever selected anything to kill and eat.
Gonna have to work on that should we have an apocalypse...

Thanks! It was a thought provoking article :)

Randell Raye