[Sca-cooks] pomegranate fresh arils

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:50:18 PDT 2016

> Audrey wrote:

Pomegranates are sold in containers of prepared arils and whole here when in season. I buy them whole, split them under running  cold water in the sink while separating the arils from the meat. That way I don’t stain my hands. It's no big deal and fast. Further, my son taught me to use them more often as decore for my plates. Our guests are delighted. He places a steak in the middle of the plate and circles them with the arils. It's lovely. I use them to decorate puddings and anything else that cries for a hint of red.