[Sca-cooks] Arils in pomegranates

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:35:52 PDT 2016

Arils are the seed pods in the pomegranates.

I cut the pomegranate in half knife and then turn on cold water. I put one half of the pomegranate under the water and over a stainer and pluck out the arils. I use these to decorate dishes or eat them as is. I have never opened the arils to get to the seeds. I don’t know how many arils are in a pomegranate but  too many to count. I throw out the white part.

In Chile, a 125 grams of arils costs $3.00. I don’t know what a pomegranate costs as it is no in season right now but I have found it more economical to buy the whole pomegranate.