[Sca-cooks] bacon, lardo etc

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:56:30 PST 2016

Bear replied to me with:
<<< Guanicale is cured hog jowl. Lardo is cured fatback. Cured pork belly is just what it says. These are prepared with salt and blends of various spices and generally air cured. Salt pork has a higher salt concentration (think salt preserved) and is without spices or curing. >>>

Wonderful. Thank you. The first two I hadn’t even heard of. So how do these differ and why would I choose a particular one for a particular dish?

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris