[Sca-cooks] Starch in cooking

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 17:46:57 PST 2016

I would NOT recommend using spray starch or laundry starch in food!!!!

The starch being called for is most likely wheat starch. Using any replacement starch - such as corn [maize], potato, rice, tapioca, or other could alter the outcome.

I know you're in South America - but around here i find wheat starch in halal markets and East Asian markets (friends have found Japanese wheat starch). See if you have any such markets in your city. Otherwise you can order from an internet shop.

Urtatim