[Sca-cooks] Lard and making piecrusts

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Nov 27 17:30:44 PST 2016

The Bon Appetit article that I cited earlier noted
"Tenderflake lard in an instant: It’s a square pound of snow-white lard in a bright yellow box in the local grocery store’s baking aisle. Moms and grandmas have been stockpiling this lard—rendered pig fat, the highest grade from near the loin and kidneys—in pantries for generations." and "Unlike an 8-ounce artisanal farmer’s market version, with what Skurnick calls “a distinctive porkiness to it,” Tenderflake is standardized, cleaner and neutral-tasting. “Tenderflake is more processed—and I don’t mean that in a bad way,” he says."

website here: http://tenderflake.ca/product/pure-lard/

Johnnae