[Sca-cooks] books was ideas for christmas prezzie cookery books, please?

Patricia Dunham chimene at ravensgard.org
Mon Nov 28 13:21:46 PST 2016

Thanks much for the info!
> On Nov 27, 2016, at 2:02 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:
>
> How about Doc's book? Recipes from the Wagstaff Miscellany. Same manuscript as found in An Ordinance of Pottage. It's online but it's worth having a bound copy for the shelf. It's a good stocking stuffer.
got it last year

> Last year we had the Oxford Companion to Sugar and Sweets. This year we have the Oxford Companion to Cheese! Yes, all you Cheese mavens should grab a copy! 849 pages.
hmm, Oxbow, Prospect, or????

> One really fun title that just arrived here is: Make: Edible Inventions Cooking hacks, and Yummy Inventions You can build, mix, bake, and grow. Another stocking stuffer.
ooh, Make! thx will pass this one on

> BTW--- Prospect Books has confirmed that the new Zinziber: Sauces from Poitou volume will not be out this year. They are still awaiting the manuscript from the author. Maybe in 2017.
AAARGH!  and   SIGHHHH!  not as if it hasn’t happened before, though… Himself waited for literally decades for the Icelandic Laws title, Gragas! (that’s right, v.1, 1980; v.2 2000; one of the major writers & translator, Peter Foote, DIED in 2009, so v.3 may never happen, at least not in our lifetimes!

> Meanwhile I just reviewed Peter Brears huge volume on Tudor-Stuart cooking and dining. Review
> Is in latest issue of Tournaments Illuminated. Highly recommended
also received this one last year (ooh, spell-check is SUCH a nuisance!)

thx again,
Chimney