[Sca-cooks] Source book for recipe

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Wed Oct 26 13:38:29 PDT 2016

The only thing I could find on a quick search is the following:

To mak yonge pessen ryall tak yonge pessen and parboile them then bray the half in a mortair with parsley mynt and bred and in the brayinge alay it with almond mylk and put the cony in the pot with the remnyant of the pessene and boil them all to gedur and put ther to sugur or hony and colour yt with saffron and the pot be of iiij galons put ther to xij yolks of egge rawe and in the settinge downe stirre it welle and salt it and let the pessen be rynyng and serue it with a litille sugur caste ther on.  [A Noble Boke off Cookry (England, 1468)]

- Doc

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [Sca-cooks] Source book for recipe