[Sca-cooks] Looking for some feedback on a new Florilegium format

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 16:01:33 PDT 2016

Jim  Chevalier posted:
<<< Presuming the original was created with a word processor, Foxit will save
the PDF as semi-formatted text file.  >>>

I will take a look at it. I was looking at other packages yesterday that also turn PDF into HTML, but my original idea was to try to maintain the PDF format as being easier for any local SCA editors to handle.

<<< There are also a number of tools out
there  that will convert PDF to HTML.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&site=&source=hp&q=pdf+to+html >>>

Lol. That is pretty much the google search(s) I was running yesterday. I still have the problem of generating the links to the other Florilegium files, Preferably without doing it by hand. But since my current program works on the HTML file, that might work.

If the PDF conversion programs work well then that might be the easiest way.
1) generate the header and copyright notice in Word and convert to HTML.
2) run my program to create active links
3) run program to convert PDF to HTML.
4) merge all the HTML files into a single file.

or
1) generate the header and copyright notice in Word and convert to PDF.
2) merge with the submitted author’s PDF
3) convert combined PDF file to an HTML file.
4) run my python program to add the active links and do other clean up.

SCA editors wanting to republish an article would have to work from the HTML.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris