[Sca-cooks] So... here's a challenge I'm taking on

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 06:28:05 PDT 2016

I'm going to a five-day event in NC next month and running a meal plan. So
far (we're not done yet) I've learned that I have to avoid these items for
the various members who have replied to my "sensitivities or allergies?"
question:

Camper #1: anything containing carrageenan

Camper #2: Cabbage or Beans

Camper #3 (yes, there is two columns here):
Asparagus                         Bell/sweet peppers
Celery                                Kale
Lima beans                       Mayonnaise
Mustard                            Raw onion (cooked okay)
Mushrooms                     Almond flour
Ginger                               Hazelnut
Peanuts                            Most soups and stews (Brunswick okay)
Grapefruit                        Oranges/tangerines/clementines/mandarins
etc
Ground beef is iffy          Chili
Sausage                            Seafood
Most spicy things
Most dairy - milk, soft cheeses, ice cream, yogurt, sour cream, whipped
cream (hard cheeses okay)

Camper #4: Sausage, Dairy

... and one guy who will not eat any form of veggie, but that's kinda normal
in my food-prep world. I can easily deal with the list so far (although I am
still at a loss as to how "Brunswick stew" is safe but most soups and stews
are not) but the newly-added carrageenan ban is causing me to do some
serious online research. Luckily it seems to be limited to dairy (and dairy
substitute) items and pre-cooked meats in various forms... yet she says she
can eat sausage.

Field cooking. It's a challenge.

Hrothny