[Sca-cooks] A Thyme and Place by Cohen and Graves

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Sep 18 14:44:52 PDT 2016

Brigid is the pre-Christian Irish variant of a very ancient Indo-European
diety.  She is associated with spring and is celebrated at Imbolc, the major
spring festival held halfway between the winter solistice and the spring
equinox, roughly Feb. 1, although the date shifts because of the lunar
calendar.  As St. Brigid, she was co-opted by the Catholic church and was
related to Candlemas because of the Feb. 2 date.

Bear