[Sca-cooks] A Thyme and Place by Cohen and Graves

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 13:56:24 PDT 2016

I was very excited about this new publication. Amazon sent it to me in record time. I still have my mouth wide open as there is no bibliography or footnotes. With time I think I can trace recipes but I am unhappy that the original texts are not cited.
I do find it an interesting and informative to name a feast day and give a common recipe used to celebrate it.
I was surprised to find St. Brigid associated with Candlemas, not that I know anything about St. Brigid.
Now I have a query - why did you, who have names like Brigid, choose them?