[Sca-cooks] SCA names

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 15:53:28 PDT 2016

It occurred to me that other sources must have mentioned these breads and
so they have. One idea contradicts that in the original article, which
suggest  that breads with a masculine descriptor must have been made by men.
Rather,  other sources say, the larger breads were to be eaten by men, the
smaller by  women. Which makes sense.

Yet another size was served, uncut, to guests.

This source also adds the interesting note that some bread was cooked  on a
three-pronged stick.

https://books.google.com/books?id=H8gGAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA86&dq=banfuine&hl=en&sa=
X&ved=0ahUKEwienNHewJzPAhXQpYMKHe9SAr8Q6AEIOzAF#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=DH0OAAAAQAAJ&pg=PR364&dq=bairgin&hl=en&sa=
X&ved=0ahUKEwjBh4WkwpzPAhVipIMKHaYRCkYQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=bairgin&f=false

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Seventeenth century bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-century
.html

In a message dated 9/18/2016 8:07:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,