[Sca-cooks] true medieval bread recipes

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:46:36 PDT 2016

> Jim Chevallier said:
> <<< in fact, in the West, there are  virtually no true medieval
> bread recipes. >>>

> Stefan said:
> Not quite true, but yes they are very limited.

If you search for "bread" in the Medieval Spanish Chef’s blog you will find plenty of adapted recipes by me using a variety of flours. I don’t seem to have any from Sent Sovi or Nola but I do have a few from Fadalat and from Anon Al-Andalus.  To date, I haven’t adapted all of those. The Hispano-Muslim bread recipes are mostly for flatbread. Also there is one of favorite blogs which contains a recipe for braided Jewish bread. I have published blog using a bread recipe  from Curye on Inglish. Perhaps there are more.