[Sca-cooks] debonig chicken was Mughal Feast food

Susi Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Tue Sep 20 14:03:11 PDT 2016

http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/Leaflet-56.pdf

This is the most scientific I found,... ;-)

We also did that for about 16 chicken for a long ago feast (actually we did
it trice), and it is a wonderful way to avoid a mess at feast. The first
used a recipe for stuffed Chicken from Trude Ehlerts transcription of the
15th c. Kuechenmeisterei), the second time round stuffed with plain *perioid
spiced* bread stuffing and what we did for the third, I can't remember right
now. This is most practical if you precook and freeze, then you can use
something like an assembly line: one or two are deboning, one or two are
mixing the stuffing and stuff the chicken and one is doing the actual
cooking. We used the cooked and grilled (precooked in wine or broth  and
finished by grilling in the oven at feast) method. I think I did mention
that on this list ages ago,...

Regards Katharina

Joan wrote:

>I've done it. You turn the fowl literally  inside out, remove the bones and
>then stuff it. It takes time and a really sharp boning or even a paring
>knife. The tricky part is not breaking the skin. It makes a great >subtlety
>as you then can slice it for a head table straight through and down. Very
>fancy. No bones. The Good Cook volume on Poultry had illustrations on how
>to do it, so I did it for a kingdom cookery >contest back in 1979. Won
>first and second that year.
>Lots of instructions on the Internet now. Try a search under deboning
>chicken without breaking skin.

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad