[Sca-cooks] An SCA feast

Christine Seelye-King Chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Tue Sep 20 14:24:14 PDT 2016

LOL - I saw the first part of that post and Stephen's comment about the honey butter, but somehow missed the rest of it.  So let me see if I have this straight: On the Facebook SCA Cook's page, Stephen was being Stephen, Bragg got all full of himself, and then you called him a girl, is that about it?

I will be happy to pass along a reminder about the tone of commentary on text-based media, as it is extra hard to read someone's intent without other external clues like body language and intonation.

I will also be happy to tell him to put up or shut up about being an historian, or to perhaps call himself a 'student of culinary history' until he publishes something.  His art is well-published, he's probably got more covers of Popular Chivlary done with his artwork than any other single artist.  However, he does not have any papers written to my knowledge on the topic of food history, although he might have done one in school, I'll have to see if he is willing to put the work into polishing that up for SCA publication.

Whether or not he took umbrage at a gender mis-identification, I have no idea, but I'll be sure to pass along your regrets.

Lordy.
lol
Christianna