[Sca-cooks] An SCA feast

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:28:17 PDT 2016

jC said:
<<< In fairness, I doubt most of us would care except for the sense that he is
somehow "pulling rank" on Stefan. >>>

Well, I didn’t see it that way, since all I had on Facebook was his mundane name. My biggest concern was whether *I* had been inappropriate in bringing my comment about the feast up.  I was trying to give an explanation or documentation, not just complain. I didn’t bring up the items I thought might also be non-period, only the one I was fairly sure of. Well, until later, when one complaint was that I was picking on only one detail. :-)

<<< This is particularly misplaced since
Stefan  after all IS (among other things) a food historian - not by grace of any
publication or lectures, but through carefully curating a rich and
valuable  source on period food. >>>

I am not a food historian, or that much of a cook. Certainly not a feast cook, although I did do a small Royal lunch. I am, at best, a librarian, collecting the knowledge of experts and trying to save it where I can find and use it, while also trying to make it available to others.

Thank you, though!

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com