[Sca-cooks] Affording a period feast

Sonia Murphy soniatm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:50:52 PDT 2016

I have no idea how many events tend to be held in ruined or restored (or
always maintained) castles, but I was at my first castle event in August,
which was a ruin with a couple of complete rooms. Also my first camping
event, first longer-than-a-long-weekend event, and first where food wasn't
included.
The rooms were used for some classes and A&S displays. Cooking and camping
was outside the castle proper, with raised fires. Tourneys, court, etc were
in the ruins.
Had a brilliant time. I recommend Raglan, in Wales/Mynydd Gwyn, to anyone
who can go.

Thora/Sonia