[Sca-cooks] true medieval bread recipes

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:40:19 PDT 2016

Jim  Chevallier said:
<<< Rastons (ratons) are not breads; they are pastries. >>>

That is why I said early in this discussion, multiple threads, that I had a dozen period bread recipes in the Florilegium, but that might vary depending upon your definition of “bread”. You give a pretty tight description for “bread”.

<<< Again,  what I'm referring to is simple plain bread. Not pastries, not
flavored breads,  simple, plain loaves like pains de bouches, pains bourgeois,
pains de Chailli,  etc. >>>

I still haven’t found the time to look through the multiple files in the Florilegium for period bread recipes.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris