[Sca-cooks] true medieval bread recipes

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:00:03 PDT 2016

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 17:50,Johnna Holloway wrote:
>
> My guess is she means Curye on Inglysch: English Culinary Manuscripts of the Fourteenth Century (Including the Forme of Cury) edited by Constance Hieatt and Sharon Butler.
>
> Johnnae
>

>> On Sep 22, 2016, at 2:52 PM, JIMCHEVAL at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> I presume you're referring to the Forme of Cury which mentions bread under
>> several names but provides no instructions for making it.
>>
>> Jim  Chevallier
>> _www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)
>>
>> In a message dated 9/22/2016 11:16:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>> lordhunt at gmail.com writes:
>> As far  as other medieval ?European? bread recipes are concerned, I
>> recommend  consulting Curye on English, which uses the French derivation of pain
>> to mean bread.

The book I have in my hands is as Johanna says: "Curye on Inglysch: English Culinary Manuscripts of the Fourteenth Century (Including the Forme of Cury) edited by Constance Hieatt and Sharon Butler." My apologies for not noticing that the automatic spell corrector changed "Inglysch" into "English."  I would love to have an editor to assist me.