[Sca-cooks] Toe in the water...

Glenn Gorsuch ggorsuch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 21:03:36 PDT 2017

It's been a busy few weeks, so I hadn't had a chance yet to try anything
from the Transylvanian Cookbook until now.

Of COURSE I had to try the Grim Reaper Cow Beef Juice (more accurately
known as Beef with Harvest Sauce).  Pretty tasty.  I think a little lighter
hand on the vinegar, and more garlic, but yeah!

Basically, cook the beef, simmering it in its broth until tender.  Remove
from heat, saute some minced garlic, then temper the beef broth with an
adequate number of eggs beaten with some white wine vinegar.  Add in the
garlic, and slowly heat the sauce until thickened and creamy, stirring
constantly to keep it from scrambling.  Pour over beef, and eat.

Gwyn