[Sca-cooks] Something new for me

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Feb 16 03:38:31 PST 2017

So are you preparing a western feast using Local Japanese ingredients or is the cook creating a Japanese feast after have been taught techniques by local cooks? How many are sitting feast?
 In addition to books, you might want to check out your local Asian groceries for availability and pricing of ingredients. Are they well stocked?

There is a book History of Japanese Food by Ishige. It's on Amazon and you can "look inside" to check it out. Japanese Foodways, Past and Present might also be of interest. The newest work seems to be Japan's Cuisines Food, Place and Identity which came out in late 2016.

Johnna

Sent from my iPad